Post-Doctoral Research Associates in Computational Mechanics
Wessex Institute Of Technology
Location: New Forest, Southampton
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Contract / Temporary
Fixed Term appointment for up to 24 months
Preferred starting date June/August 2015
Wessex Institute and C M BEASY Ltd have an international reputation for their leading R&D and industrial applications of advanced numerical simulation technologies to predict the durability and integrity of structures.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for three Post-Doctoral Research Associates to be part of a research project working on the development of large scale 3D simulation models to predict the impact of corrosion and cracks on the durability and integrity of structures.
Each Fellowship will be concerned with one of the following research tasks:
- Optimisation of model performance through the development of faster simulation methods to deal with the large problems encountered in engineering practice.
- Development of tools based on a CAD/CAE System to automate many of the tasks involved in model building and interpretation of the results. It will also require the integration of model results, with data measured from actual engineering structures to improve the accuracy of model predictions.
The successful candidates will have strong computing or engineering background with proven knowledge and track record in one or more of the following areas: Computer Aided Engineering (CAE), Simulation Modelling (i.e., Finite Element Models (FEM), Boundary Element models (BEM). Good computer programming skills will be required.
The candidates must have excellent communication skills, be able to organise the work with minimal supervision and prioritise it to meet deadlines. Fluency in spoken and written English is essential.
- A full CV & list of publications
- Copies of degree certificates and grade obtained
- A 1 page research statement indicating why your expertise is relevant